Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Thailand - Just a Straight Shot


Had to include this story in my Thailand blogs. I promise, I'm almost finished with the whole Thailand thing. I think I have like one or two more posts after this and then I get back to my boring life again. Lol.

So the four of us, Karyn, Natasha, Sandy and myself, had decided that we had had enough of the "staying on the island and putting up with the rain" thing and wanted to see more of Thailand. It was rather rogue of us but we took it upon ourselves to enlist the aid of a travel agent and get ourselves off of the island and on to somewhere more . . . entertaining.
Enter the travel agent. We went into this cute little shop on the main drag and chatted with the young man running the shop. We told him our desired plans and he was able to make the reservations for us. We then said that we wanted to pay with our credit cards. "Oooohhhh", said he, "I need to call my boss to come pick you up and take you over to his place so that he can run your cards through. You see, I can not do this here." Okay, bring on Mr. Boss Man then please.
Mr. Boss showed up in his little beebop car (he was a man from England) and whisked us away to "his" place (actually an office attached to his home with little wifey poo acting as his assistant). We chatted away with him as he ran our cards through and printed out our travel agenda. He then loaded us up back into his little car (as Karyn went around to the driver's side which is the passenger side in America and attempted to get in only to have him ask her if she was intending to drive, lol). We then asked Mr. Boss to take us to Thor's so that we could get dinner. He quickly complied.
When we arrived at Thor's we then asked him where would be a good place to get a hotel for the evening in Bangkok (since that was our destination). He stuttered a bit and then rubbed his head and said this classic statement, "Uh, can you come by my office tomorrow to get that information? I've had quite a bit to drink tonight and I can't think clearly."
WTF? Did I hear that right? We said, "What??? You've been driving us around drunk?" He then replied, "Oh it's no problem. You see, it's just a straight shot from here to there!"

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

AAH! dave and i are cracking up! classic!