Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Not So Friendly Skies

I got to go up to Washington this last weekend and visit my mommy and my sister. We sewed pillowcases and got to visit for like three days! It was just so stellar. What's really the best is that there are NO KIDS and NO DISTRACTIONS of mi loco vida! Thank you Mom and Gail for a fabulous weekend!!!

Unfortunately, there IS one point of contention on this whole experience. United Airlines! I've not flown much on this airline before and I really hope that I don't have to do it again. I got to the airport about an hour before my flight. There was something wrong with my ticket when I punched in the information on their computer and the man told me to get into this long, slow line. I responded with, "I might miss my flight in this line." He then said, "Well, maybe you should have gotten to the airport a little earlier." What? Are you talking to ME???? I couldn't believe my ears.

Well, I DID miss my flight and had to fly standby on the next one out which I did get on and arrived into Portland VERY late.

Fast forward to today! I was flying home. We landed in San Francisco and the plane had completely taxied up to the gate. I looked out the window and the guys that direct the plane were finished doing their thing and had set the cones and all. I unbuckled my seat belt. The stewardess yelled at the top of her lungs, "SEAT BELT SIGN. SEAT BELT SIGN. MAAM THE SEAT BELT SIGN IS STILL ON. BUCKLE YOUR SEAT BELT NOW!!!" I was mortified. Within 15 seconds the motor of the plane was shut off and everyone was unbuckling. Did she really need to talk to me that way and embarrass me in front of the entire group of passengers?

All I can say is this: United is obviously doing financially really well. Why else would they treat their customers like absolute crap?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so right and that stewardess was so wrong! You should start flying airlines where the stewardesses realize that they are glorified waitresses that are there to get you plastic cups filled with soda and those little pretend pillows. You would think that stewardesses are there for our safety or something. The nerve of some people!