Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Yes, I AM Blonde. Your Point?

Yesterday I finally made it to the eye doctor. It's been about two or so years since I've made that dasterdly journey. Doc is just fine and happy, by the way. He's married now (anyone who knows me well knows about my "relationship" with Doc) and it's so amazing to see him so happy. He says, "I really look forward to going home now." Wow, that must be awesome. Good on him.

 So, the examination went. He checked my eyes and exclaimed, "You DO know that you are not legal to drive without your glasses, my dear."

 "Well, Genius, that's what I'm here to see you. I can't read the road signs and I'm a road warrior. Throw me a freaking bone, here!"

 He did the usual thing. You know . . . "Is it better this way or this way? One or two? Which numbers are darker, brighter and bolder?" Afterward he did that machiine that takes a picture of what's going on behind the eyeball. I asked him to please tell me that there was a big blob that was preventing me from seeing, creating all these damn headaches and could possibly allow me a one way ticket back to my maker. No such luck, I was informed. Very healthy. Dang!

 He then said, "I really don't understand why you are struggling so much with your vision. Your new prescription is really not much far off from your old one."

 I then gave him what I'm sure was the most ridiculous look EVER! "Um . . . I don't wear my glasses. I never wear my glasses. Am I supposed to be wearing my glasses? I thought they were just for reading and I can read just fine so I thought they were all but useless."

 Doc then shook his head and rubbed his eyes (I think I make men like him weary). "Jody, glasses are only useful when you wear them. Here come stand right here next to me and look out there on the street. Good. Now put your glasses on. Does that make it a little easier to see?"

 Wow! You're right! This is great! I wore them (the glasses) all the way home, set them on my dresser, and promptly forgot them when I left with my truck, trailer and horse for drill. When I got home, the headache was back. Hmmm, maybe there IS something to wearing these things! Lol.

No comments: