Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Unstoppable!

Yep, she's coming around the final turn and sprinting for the finish line!  She's got it pegged to the floor, ladies and gentlemen.  It's full throttle and there's no slowing her down.  And . . .

That's me!  I'm so close to finishing my yoga teacher training program.  I'm really excited (and a wee bit nervous).  I have wanted to throw in the towel and give up many times throughout this program.  The hours of school and the mountains (my opinion) of homework married with my family life and being on a drill team have been more than overwhelming.  In addition, I've been really striving (not very successfully) to get going on my zoning.  This old dog is ready for a big long nap.

But slow down there, Trigger.  Not just yet!  First we have graduation on June 3rd (round of applause, please) and then I have a class in teaching restorative yoga in July and then  . . . wait for it . . . wait for it . . . prenatal yoga teacher training in October.  Yep, I'm on a roll.  I know my destiny and I'm keeping my focus.

One of my absolute BIGGEST supporters has been Danielle.  She's been right behind me giving me that kick in the bum to do my homework, go to class, stick it out and encouraging me to continue signing up for more certifications that work right in with where my niche is.  Thank you, girl.

Of course, I got a bit of a surprise this weekend when Skip said that he was proud of me (I think that's what he said) for doing this.  It's been a HUGE time commitment and has pushed me outside of my comfort zone BIG TIME!  I have a really big appreciation for yoga teachers - well, ALL fitness teachers, for that matter.

So my goal is in my sights and I'm heading in the right direction.  Good times are rolling my way!

No comments: