Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Momma

Yesterday was Mother's Day.  I was in LA visiting Skip and he gave me a sweet card.  He informed me that he spends a lot of time looking over cards to find the one that says just the right words to express his feelings for me.  I noticed that he often crosses out the verbage that comes on the card and inserts his own.  This is the kind of thing that means the most to me.

When I got home last night I had a whopper of a headache.  I'm guessing it's all the food that I don't normally eat.  Maybe it's my eyes that don't want to work as well.  Whatever, it was a serious pounder. I kind of gave Danielle the head's up that I wasn't feeling 100%.  She was amazingly understanding.  Then, when I walked in the door I was greeted with the sweetest reception ever. 

On the table were three little vases of flowers and three home made cards.  It melted my heart.  Jacob and Court each gave me a GC to Starbucks and Peets (Jacob informed Danielle that I LOVE Peets and he's right) and Danielle, Jeff, Brandilyn and Dave gave me the new CD for Sigur Ros (my absolute FAVORITE group).  It was simple, sweet and straight from the heart. 

I love my family and I'm so grateful to know that the people I love more than anything else in the world know me the best. 

On a side note, here's a convo that I had with Brian:

B:  Hey Mom, I wanted to tell you something that happened last night.  I lost my wallet and went walking not once, but TWICE, to everywhere I went and couldn't find it.  I went into my room mate's room to vent about how upset I was and it was sitting right there on their floor.  Isn't that funny?
M:  Hmm.  Yeah, actually that's really funny.  Is that really why you just called me?
B:  Well, yeah, and to tell you that I love you
M:  I love you too.  Anything else?
B:  Um, nope.  That's about it.
M:  Are you sure?  Do you know what day it is today?
B:  Yeah, I'm sure.  It's Sunday, right?  Wait . . . Oh crap, it's Mother's Day.  Wow!  I'm sorry, Mom.  Happy Mother's Day.
M:  (laughing).  You're my ONLY kid I'd throw that bone to.  Anyone else I'd just let the convo go and let you feel like crap when you later realized that you forgot about your mom on Mother's Day.  I love you, Buddy.

Robbie, gave me a hug and kiss when I got home. 

Yeah, my family knows me well and they know just how to show me how much they love me.  Simple and sweet.

No comments: