Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

If you build it they will come

Once again . . . no secret, our house is on the market and we are excited about our future move to Arizona for a fresh new start. Oh, we will really miss our mates here but it will be fun to start over somewhere new. That said, our house has been on the market for 8 months now and we really haven't had much activity - okay, we haven't had ANY activity. That is until last week . . . .

I got a call on Tuesday that an agent wanted to show our home on Thursday at 11. I was casual and said, "Sure, no problem!" Inside I was like, "OMG!! Wtf??" I mean, our house isn't a total wreck but we have become extremely slack in our, uh, housekeeping. And the yards! Holy crumb! They are/were stuffed up bad.

I called my sister (cuz that's what your supposed to do, righto?). She always knows what to say and do. First, she told me to calm down and breathe. It was going to be okay. She gave me some wonderful suggestions and I pulled myself together and formulated a plan. My bestie, Nan, and I went plant shopping and we came up with the most amount of foliage for the least amount of dough. I spent the whole day Wednesday (with the help of Ava) planting and working my bum off in the yards. I had drill that night so I had to take a couple of hours off to ride (yeah, real sacrifice there) and then got back home and went right back to it. I worked outside until 11:30 with the help of floodlights and caffeine. Of course, my best mate showed up in the middle of the night to help out and offer further encouragement (have I mentioned how much I love her?)

Thursday morning I attacked the inside of my house and went like a crazy woman. I scrubbed, hid miscellaneous things and organized as fast and neatly as I could. When I took Courtney to school, I stopped in Target and bought up massive quantities of air fresheners (cuz you never know what someone else is going to think of your "smell" right?) and plugged them in every room I could. Even Robbie participated in the game by cleaning up and making his environment look spiffy (go figure).

When the time arrived for the "showing" I was pleased with the result. I turned on all the lights, threw out all the cats and locked up my dogs in their run (they hated it). I left.

Two days later, my realtor called and said that the people were not interested in our property because they weren't horse people and they weren't looking for horse property (why would someone come view a horse facility if they weren't looking for horse property? Whatever). However, the agent was impressed with how well our place showed. She said that it was obvious that we took exquisite care of our place and she was going to keep it in mind for future clients. Yay me!

Well, here we are on the following week. With the Law of Attraction in force, I am busting my bum to keep my home the way it looked that day . . . well, almost. After all, we do have to live in it, right? All I need is about an hour heads up and I can have it ready to show to that perfect person that is supposed to own this dream home of ours. Bring it on!

No comments: