Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Good Times

Here's our spa deck outside our master bathroom. It's one of my most favoritist places about our home. I love to go sit out here and look up at the sky or that beautiful tree and just enjoy.

Today Marly, Brandilyn's kitty, was sitting outside the door asking to come back into the house. I opened up the door and he came waltzing in with a mouse in his mouth. After he dropped it for me to admire and praise him for, I grabbed a dustpan and scooped the little critter up and went back out on the deck to toss it over. As I walked out, the door slammed behind me. Usually, that would be no big deal (we NEVER lock it).

Well, today it appears that the door was locked (I finally concluded that the window washer that came up here last week to clean before the house showing must have locked it to be efficient). I was trapped out there on the deck and I was home ALONE!! I was trying to weigh my options. I'm not too fond of heights so climbing over the glass and trying to come up with a strategy there was pointless (although I DID climb over the glass and quickly back over as soon as I concluded that this was only going to end very badly). I knew that it could be a few more hours before anyone would be coming up the driveway. I was cold (very windy day) and decided that there could be worse fates that I could be faced with. Right?

As I settled in, it suddenly dawned on me that this had happened before to Skip and I in a much more UNfavorable circumstance. We were sitting in our hot tub with (ahem) nothing on enjoying a afternoon home alone. When we were finished we discovered that we were locked outside on the deck. We both looked at each other and started laughing. What the flip were we going to do? Well, my husband is NOT afraid of heights so he climbed over the edge (buck naked) and let himself drop to the ground. He went to the front door, it was locked. He finally had to run all the way around to the back of the house and let himself in then came and rescued the damsel in distress.

As I was pondering that comical situation, I remembered something! We had learned from this experience and my husband had very cleverly hidden a key. That's right!! I went to where I thought the key was and, alas, there it was!! Yay! I was safely back in the house!

Dang, I LOVE that deck. I think I'll go find a repair place to fix that spa so that I can go enjoy it again.

No comments: