Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Drill!


One of the coolest things I have gotten myself into would be the Diablo Ladies Drill Team. My sister always said that she wanted to join a drill team and I always kind of rolled my eyes at the ridiculousness of the notion. Ha! Well I guess she knew what I'm now finding out. This is super fun!!
So, this weekend we performed at a rodeo in Boonville. Where? Yeah, that's what I said. It's this little one horse (well, a lot more but you know what I mean) town in Mendocino County between Ukiah and Fort Bragg. Super duper cute. They had the fair and the rodeo all set up on the same grounds and both ran simultaneously. Who woulda thunk it?
Saturday night we performed in our more formal attire and today we performed in our costumes - a 70's kind of disco looking affair. Yesterday we sucked. It was the worst performance EVER and I went back to our motel feeling pretty discouraged. Today? Well, we frickin nailed it! Best performance we've done this season! I was so proud of my team and felt privileged to be a member on the team.
My bonus? Yup, that would be him up there in the top photo. My own personal ground crew. He's hot, he chauffers me, he can tack up a horse, untack a horse, hose down a horse, muck out a stall and even showed us he can assemble a set of spurs with straps in record time!! Furthermore? He's MINE!! Me? Well, with my man around I pretty much just had to hop on and ride like the wind! Not bad.
Here's the link to a performance that we did at the Gay Rodeo a few weeks ago that Brandilyn posted. I'm one of the ones on a paint horse. I'll let you figure out which one. Lol

No comments: