Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Best Birthday!

Today was a good day. It was my . . . ahem . . . 35th-ish birthday. I was over the top busy (not good) but enjoyed about 60% of the activities I did. I zoned two clients (good), went to lunch with Brian, Nan and Pattie (really good), went on a walk with Jasmine (really good), did Activity Days (okay . . .), went to Back to School Night (not so good), got in a rippin argument with my son (horrible).

One birthday, several years ago, however, was the BEST birthday EVERRRR!!! My husband took the day off of his busy life and announced to me in the morning of my birthday that today was my day and we were going to do whatever I wanted. What??? Did I hear you right??? Well, I said that I wanted to go on a trail ride with him (pretty sure he would wiggle out of that one). He conceded and we went out for a few hours (after the kids were taken to school). We then went out to lunch. It was magical.

Later that evening, we had a super family dinner (that my husband cooked) and the whole family was here. Everyone got along (one of my two wishes ALWAYS) and there was no contention. My two wishes? 1. A happy family. 2. A clean house.

I love that memory and I reflect on it often. This year was busy, busy, busy. My husband is away out of town working and my older kids prefer their friends to me. I guess I should be grateful that they remembered to say "Happy Birthday" to their mom. Yee!

No comments: