Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

No kidding?

Saturday I got to go to the rock and gem show with my friend who is WAY more knowledgeable about rocks, stone and crystals than I.  I love her energy and it was fun spending a bit of time together.

As we were about to leave the show, I happened upon the amber table.  There was a Russian woman that was the seller.  Knowing that amber is a great stone to absorb pain, I stopped and took a look see.  Debbie, too, was interested.

I then, speaking TO MY FRIEND, said, "Hey, should I get a necklace or bracelet or anklet to help with the pain in my knee?"

Debbie replied, "I don't think it matters.  The stone is going to absorb the pain regardless of where it is placed on your body."

The Russian woman then approached me and interrupted with, "The reason you have pain in your knee is because you are fat.  If you were not so fat your knee would not hurt."

I looked at her (obviously with astonishment), "excuse me?"

She continued, "you Americans are so fat because you do not exercise much.  In Russia we walk everywhere and do not depend so much on our cars.  We are not fat like you."

Debbie then whispered, "don't listen to her."

It's all good.  I was more in shock that someone could be so bold.  1) I'm pretty sensitive about my weight.  2) yes, I am fat, 3) my knee was the pivotal reason I got so fat because my exercise efforts have been thwarted.  Not that I need to explain any of this to anyone but . . . seriously????

So, did I purchase any amber from this rude woman?  Yeah, I did.  I scored a bracelet and necklace.  Yes, I'm still fat and yes, my knee still hurts.  Hopefully both will change soon.

No comments: