Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pretty Food

Today I finally decided was THE day.  Yup, the day I was going to waddle my happy bum outside and actually do some work around the joint.  Since I hurt myself in January and got pretty involved with yoga teacher training and then some more teacher training and then starting to actually teach some classes, I just really ignored my gardens this year.  Thank heavens for Jeff!  He got himself motivated and put in quite a bit of yummy vegetation in our traditional spring/summer gardens.

Today, however, was MY turn!  I went to the nursery (okay, I'm not THAT motivated that I started everything from seed) and swooped on some kale, spinach, chard, joi choy, red choy, lettuces some herbs and who knows what the flip else.  I got home and went to town on the project.

I have these gardens that are HUGE in front of the house.  They are a royal pain in my ass.  They are so hard to tend and make appealing.  However, the sun tracks a bit different in the winter and there is full sun there throughout the winter season.  What does that mean?  Duh!  It means that it is the PERFECT place to plant yummy veggies.  Right?

I had so much fun making creative designs.  I landscaped with food!  I also put herbs in my decorative pots that greet me on my front steps.  And . . . drum roll . . . it's my birthday this week so Sunshine bought herself a little present.  It's a sweet, cute little Buddha to spread happiness to my little project!  I just LOVE him!

So there you have it.  Me following my dharma and creating something fun and useful.  Go figure.

No comments: