Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Just Dreamin'

I'm going on a perfect vacation.  Somewhere with warm weather, quiet, beaches, gentle breezes, no phones, no internet.

I just want to take the first few days to "arrive" and unwind.  Sleep in, lounge around and just listen to the ocean and the birds.  I want to take as many books as I want and just start delving into all of them and read to my heart's content.  I want to take long naps in the hammock without anyone nagging or pressuring or placing any guilt whatsoever on me.  I want to walk along the beach and just sit whenever the mood strikes me and meditate for as long as I desire.

After I have completely let go, I want to slowly start moving into my yoga practice.  No pressure.  No expectations.  I will practice as much or as little as I desire on the beach at whatever time of day I feel the inclination.  I will then, again, slip into deep meditation and contemplation.  Here's where my walks alone will increase in intensity.

I will eat any food I desire without guilt.  I will drink delicious juices and beverages that make me smile (non alcoholic because I want my mind clear).  Herbal teas will be consumed throughout the day as well.  Chocolate?  Absolutely!  Fresh fruit?  Wouldn't be a vacation without it.  Breads?  Screw the whole "gluten" ban - I'm going for it!

As for my return trip ticket?  Open ended, of course.  This vacation may or may not take a very long time.  It's much deserved and, damn it, I'm not depriving myself of one single indulgence.

The only ones of my family that will accompany me are the ones who solemnly swear that they will honor my space and my quest for personal and mental well being and have the same desire for themselves.  Sadly, I don't think anyone will be joining me.  Lol.

No comments: